We are thrilled to be collaborating with Scarlet Events at the exclusive ‘Once upon a fairytale…’ showcase held in Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane. Featuring Suzie Turner, Gismondi 1754, Judith Leiber, Freya Rose, Ruth Kay Design, and Five Star Weddings, plus many more.
This exclusive invitation only event the highest in calibre of premium wedding vendors and designers. It is perfect for brides who are looking for breathtaking design, exceptional service and the finest craftsmanship for their wedding.
To express your interest in attending this exciting and exclusive event and for more information, please visit www.scarletevents.co.uk/showcase
With our current manager soon to be moving into a new role internally, we are looking for a new creative and enthusiastic manager to head our busy London store. We’re looking for a manager with an inspiring work ethic, someone who is truly supportive and compassionate, whilst being strong and able to earn respect. You must have a true passion for flowers, an eye for detail and be focussed on exceptional customer service.
Key responsibilities and essential qualities:
- Hands-on, motivational, inspirational leader; supporting and coaching your team, whilst ensuring a positive and fun environment
- Passionate about flowers, plants and the floristry industry, with natural creativity, and a thorough understanding of flower and plant varieties, seasonal flowers, flower care and preparation
- Confident and well-presented
- Engaging, enthusiastic and polite
- Excellent customer service delivery, and effective communicator between Selfridges and PC head office
- Acute attention to detail and passion for a tidy and well presented site, ensuring the site is immaculate
- Flexible in accommodating business needs and ability to work under pressure
- Self motivated, pro-active and level headed
- Target and results oriented, takes ownership and acts with integrity, with a focus on store profitability
- Maintains financial and operational administration; company policies, procedures and brand standards
- Ensures statutory compliance of store
- Takes full responsibility for team recruitment, performance and development
- Represents the values and culture of Philippa Craddock
If you feel you have the above skills, knowledge and traits, please do send a copy of your CV to email@example.com with details of your current availability.
We really look forward to hearing from you!
After our event with Anthropologie at their Selfridges concession we were excited to be asked to share a step-by-step DIY wreath project with their blog readers. The event was very popular and tickets sold out quickly, so this was a great opportunity to share our passion (and a little Christmas cheer) with all of those who were not able to attend.
To make this wreath truly unique we used ornaments from Anthropologie’s Christmas decoration collection, attaching these to a sturdy moss base alongside a selection of beautiful hardy and textured foliage. The design is very simple but the results are stunning.
You can recreate the look in five easy-to-follow steps—just remember to have fun with your design. When you’re finished, hang the wreath up on your front door to declare ‘Merry Christmas!’ to visitors and people ambling about their days.
YOU WILL NEED
- Wreath ring
- Green twine
- Florist twine
- Hardy and different textured foliage such as spruce, eucalyptus, copper dipped eucalyptus & asparagus ferns.
- A selection of Anthropologie Christmas decorations
CREATING THE DESIGN
Secure large handfuls of the moss to the top of the wreath ring, securing tightly with the green twine to create a compact base.
Continue until the whole wreath ring is covered with an equal amount of moss all the way around. Finish with a loop of the green twine on the reverse.
Take small bunches of the foliage, mixing them up and attach these to the moss base using the green twine, overlapping as you go to avoid gaps.
Continue until all your moss is covered. Check your design from every angle to make sure you have kept a good shape. Take your largest decorations and position these with equal spacing, securing with floristry wire through the foliage and moss, out the other side, bend and return back to hide the ends.
Continue decorating your wreath in the same way, with all your decorations until it is full and fabulous. And then hang on your door.